Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hike



This is Ty and Weston standing in front of the cave that we hiked to the other day. Ty's Webelos leader was taking them on the hike. She had asked someone in our ward that knew how to get to the caves to take them, so I asked if Weston and I could come along. Well, it was one of the hardest things I have done in my life. I realized early on I was in for a rough one when you could hardly even see the trail because it was hidden with trees etc. It was very steep and I thought at times kind of dangerous. I was glad I couldn't really see the boys, they were to far ahead of me to be able to yell at them to be careful. I'm sure they had more fun. I also didn't have proper boots and clothing for the weather. (we got rained on) But, I am glad that I went and can now say that I have been to the caves behind our house. An experience I will never forget. It was fun to do this with the boys.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

That's awesome that you hiked up there. I would love to do that. I'm not much of a hiker but it's fun to see nature up close.

Anonymous said...

I love Hiking! Makes me a little jealous. Except I've already done it. I'd want something a bit more of a challenge ;)